If you are looking for a great summer job, lifeguarding is for you! You are able to be out in the fresh air all day instead of being inside. You have the opportunity of making new friends and meeting other lifeguards. While it is fun, lifeguarding must be taken very seriously, because someone's life might depend on YOU!
Lifeguards/Operators primary responsibility is to ensure the safety of patrons at Edsall Park Swim Club by preventing and responding to emergencies. Lifeguards are responsible for enforcing all pool rules fairly and consistently. Lifeguards are also responsible for reporting any unsafe conditions or faulty equipment to the management team. Operators ensure proper pool water chemicals, record keeping and maintaining a clean and enjoyable aquatics facility.
Edsall Park Swim Club teaches and encourages the lifeguarding / managing skills that will help you outside of the lifeguard / pool manager position, such as:
- Team Management
- Risk Management
- Response and Rescue
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Lifeguards must be able to work Memorial Day weekend, the 4th of July and Labor Day weekend (May 24th through September 9th)
- Lifeguards must be able to work all evenings and weekends throughout the Summer
- Lifeguards must conduct themselves in a professional manner and must be attentive and focused
- Lifeguards must have current Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR and First Aid Certificates.
- Operators must be able to obtain the Fairfax County Pool Operators certificate or have a current certificate.
Salary commensurate with experience